What can we help you with?
How long does it take for funds to clear for trading?
It depends. Which of the following funding methods are you using?
- The fastest way to fund your account is to directly link your bank account to Motif. Deposits of up to $5,000 per day, for non-retirement accounts, will be made available to you. Any amount over $5,000 will be available for trading in 1-5 days, depending on cleared positions in your Motif account.
- If you request an ACH deposit with micro-deposits, we will first initiate two micro deposits to your bank account (please allow up to 48 hours for the transfers to appear). Then you must verify those micro-deposits in your Motif account to connect your bank account. After requesting a deposit, funds will be available for trading in 1-5 days, depending on cleared positions in your Motif account.
- Wire deposit is another fast way to fund your account; funds are typically available for trading as soon as they are received and posted.
- If you fund your account by check, funds will clear for trading on the fourth business day.
- Account transfers (ACATs) from another broker typically take up to 10 business days to process. Keep in mind we only accept ACATs for listed securities, ETFs and cash.