What can we help you with?
Topics: Build & Customize Motifs
Build & Customize Motifs
It’s free to build any motif you want, with any 30 stocks or ETFs. To trade your built motif, the standard commissions apply – just $9.95 to trade at next market open and $19.95 in real time.
You can build up to 250 motifs.
Absolutely. From your Motif dashboard go to “Build”, click “Your Built Motifs”, and then click the “Rebalance” button. You can add, remove, or change the weightings of any stocks and ETFs in your motif.
If you’ve chosen to share your motif, changing the name or image could be confusing to investors who are watching your motif.
No, at this point you can’t change the name of a motif.
Yes, you can add a stock or ETF before entering an order.
- From the Motif Overview page, click the “Customize Motif” link at the top right. Then click the “Add Stocks” link on the next page, which will open a new window.
- Select any stock/ETF from the “Related Stocks” list on the new window, or click the “Search for Stocks to Add” tab to enter the ticker symbol of the stock/ETF you want, then click “Add”.
You’ll now see the stock/ETF added to the motif with a 0% weight that you can adjust.
- Remember, a motif can only hold up to 30 stocks/ETFs. If you reach the maximum, you’ll need to delete some before you can continue.
If you want other investors to be able to find your motif by browsing the site or by searching online, then you can choose to make your motif searchable.
Click the sharing icons on the “My Built Motifs” page or from your motif’s overview page – the sharing icon are next to the motif name and watchlist “star” icon.
To view the catalog of community-created motifs, go to the Motif Catalog and select the “Community Created Motifs” tab on the upper left
Yes, from the Motif Overview page for the motif you’d like to change, click “Rebalance Motif” or “Customize Motif”. You can add, remove, and change the weights of stocks and ETFs for a total commission of $9.95.
- Click on the “Add Stocks” button, which will bring up a wizard that allows you to add a stock/ETF
- You can also remove stocks/ETFs in the motif by clicking the delete icon that appears in the row containing the stock/ETF you want to delete.
You can remove stocks/ETFs in the motif by clicking the delete icon that appears in the row containing the security you want to delete. Clicking the delete icon next to each
segment will remove all securities in that segment. Deleting a security will redistribute its weight to other securities in the motif that are not locked.
They are shortcuts that allow you to lock the weights of all the stocks/ETFs inside a segment. Once a segment’s weight is locked, adjusting the weights of the other securities/segments will not affect the locked segment or securities. Adjusting a locked segment adjusts all the securities in that segment.
They allow you to lock the weights of individual securities in a motif. Once the weight of a stock/ETF is locked, adjusting the weights of the other securities/segments
will not affect the locked security. However, adjusting the weight of a locked segment will adjust the weight of its securities.
- From the Motif Overview page, click on the “Customize Motif” link at the top right.
- On the row that contains the stock/ETF you want to modify, move the slider to the left or right. The total weight should always add to 100%. Hence, when you move the slider, all unlocked securities will move proportionally to keep the total weight at 100%.
- Click the lock pad icon to lock the weights of the securities or segments you want to keep. Once the security weights are locked, adjusting the weights of the other securities will not affect the locked ones.
Absolutely! All you need to do is click on the lock icon that appears in the row of the segment or stock/ETF.
You can add stocks, ADRs or ETFs listed on major US exchanges.