Feel more assured about the value of your investments with our newly launched Trading Alerts functionality!
Through market fluctuations and position changes, you can create alerts that notify you via email or text message when your motifs change beyond a threshold that you define. To quickly and easily set up trading alerts for your motifs, follow the step-by-step guide below:
1. To get started, log in to your account and navigate to the Positions Overview page. In the last column of your positions table you will find a dropdown arrow for each motif you own. Click the dropdown arrow and select Create Trading Alert.
2. You can choose to be alerted of a value increase or decrease from the current value (shown as $9,099.34 below), or a specific dollar trigger value.
3. Set the trigger value by specifying a percentage or dollar value change from the current value.
4. When the trigger value is reached (shown as $9,008.35 below), you will receive notification that the alert has triggered.
5. Save your alert!
Tip: To see all your alerts, navigate to My Investments at the top of the page and click on Trading Alerts in the dropdown.
How do I get notified when a trading alert is triggered? Depending on your preferences, you’ll be notified through email and/or text message.
Example Email Alert
Example Text Alert
A few things to keep in mind about trading alerts:
- It’s important to note that trading alerts are a notification system only and won’t take any action on your account. After you’re notified of a triggered trading alert, you’ll still need to login if you want to execute a trade.
- Once a trading alert is triggered, it will be turned off. If you’d like to be alerted again, you can turn it back on or change the trigger value directly from the Trading Alerts page.
- Trading alerts are still in beta and we’re constantly working to improve what we have.
Alerts are a tool that generates an alert or message set according your specifications that is triggered at the time an activity takes place, based on your instructions. You should not consider an alert to be a trigger by Motif for any actions you should take in your account. Motif makes the Alert tool available for use as a convenience to help you keep track of investment activity in your account that may be affected by ongoing market activity. While Motif makes the tool available, you are solely responsible for control and setting of alerts and for the investment decisions you make.